What’s coming in 2018, what to do and how to pass
London: 9am – 5pm, Friday 16th February 2018. Venue: TBC
(PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FROM THE 9TH FEBRUARY)
The practice manager is the key to a successful practice. Hone your skills and learn about the latest techniques with tips and checklists to take back and implement right away. This is a chance to spend a day with other leaders in dentistry, gaining skills and networking with like-minded practice managers.
Our one day events are informative, fun and provide you with six hours of verifiable CPD.
Skills you will learn:
- Techniques to keep conversations on track
- How to ask the right questions
- Increased booking through successful recalls
- Excel in leadership
- How to avoid three classic leadership errors
- Assess your emotional intelligence and know how to use it
- Top tips for practice success
- 10 Marketing Top Tips
- Checklist for managing patient debt
- 10 ways to increase profitability
- What’s new and what you have to do in compliance
- The new inspections in 2018
- New regulations coming out
- The importance of being Well-led
- HR and employment law
- Employment law update
- Maternity demystified
- Managing sickness and absence
The event is only £195+vat for CODE iComply members or £225+vat for non-members.
Fiona is Managing Director of UMD Professional Ltd., a leading provider of ILM accredited management qualifications in dentistry and has worked as a business consultant in dentistry for over 25 years. She was an Associate Editor of the British Dental Journal for 12 years, Editor of Dental Business for five years, series editor of the Better Dental Business’ book series and served on the editorial board of Dental Nursing for seven years. Fiona is also the author of two books, one on marketing, and the other on ethics and professionalism and many articles in the dental press. Fiona works with a number of clients providing management and leadership training and business advice, and mentors practice owners.
Tracy founded NBS Training and is the Director, lead trainer and practice development specialist. Tracy did not learn her skill by chance, or from a text book but from real time experiences during the dental career, she sort of got pushed in to. Tracy’s 20 year career in the Dental profession has been one of continuous development, which have seen her mentored by some of the most highly regarded training professionals in the world.
Alex is CODE’s Professional Service Manager, leading the team on compliance consultancy, designing iComply activities and delivering CODE seminars. He is an experienced business coach and consultant with a focus on operational excellence and change management. He has advised a range of practices on the best strategies to achieve their goals.
Karen is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Personal Development. She has a busy role providing daily HR advice and support to CODE’s member base of more than 2,500 practices. With additional skills and knowledge in contract management, Karen has expanded her HR development while working within various industries. Karen holds the CIPD Level 5 qualification in Human Resource Management and is currently studying towards her CIPD Level 7 qualification in Employment Law.
To upskill practice managers with the latest developments in compliance, leadership and patient retention
- To explore why practices fail inspections and how to be ‘well-led’
- To discuss the personnel documents and pre-employment checks you must have in place
- To identify what makes a good leader and how to improve your skills
- To explore key marketing and financial tips for increasing practice success
- To explain telephone skills for increasing patient retention and attraction
By the end of the day you should be able to:
- Train your team and prepare for your next inspection
- Recruit in line with CQC requirements
- Improve your management and leadership
- Increase patient retention and attract new patients
- Reduce debt and increase profitability
Other Events: codeuk.com/events
- Wednesday 29th November: CODE Practice Manager Conference – Exeter
- Friday 1st December: CODE Practice Manager Conference – Birmingham
- Wednesday 7th February 2018: CODE Practice Manager Conference – Manchester
- Friday 16th February 2018: CODE Practice Manager Conference – London
- Friday 2nd March: CQC Update Day – Birmingham
- Friday 9th March: HIW Update Day – Cardiff