Legionella Management Services from CODE
All premises are required to have a written scheme and a Legionella risk assessment for controlling any identified risks in accordance with the Health and Safety Commission’s Approved CODE of Practice L8. HTM 01-05 2013 states that:
"These schemes should be written by experienced and competent person"
|To provide this service to members, CODE has teamed up with Water Hygiene Solutions who provide a professional economic solution to water safety. Water Hygiene Solutions provide a full consultancy and solutions package from source to outlet. With highly experienced staff, including a PhD qualified microbiologist, and with all operatives holding the City and Guilds qualification in Legionella Risk Assessment. Dental practices will be surveyed according to ACOP L8. The Legionella Management Service includes:
- A survey of the domestic water system and dental equipment including decontamination equipment, dental unit waterlines and water purification equipment
- The preparation of a schematic plan of the water systems in the practice (as far as is practicable)
- A risk assessment of the infection prevention procedures in the practice including Legionella management and knowledge
- Instruction and guidelines for the practice on how to follow water safety procedures
- Staff members will be shown how to complete the log for recording weekly, six monthly and annual water safety activities
- Four samples of water testing for TVC E-coli coliform - for a two chair practice.
The cost of Legionella Management
is £345 for a two chair practice, each additional chair costs £55 including the additional DUWL test for TVC E-coli coliform.
Legionella risk assessment
You can read more about the CODE Legionella Risk Assessment here.
Water testing for TVC E-coli coliform is available for £29 per sample including post and packing. The TVC should be expected to lie in the range 100 to 200 colony forming units per millilitre (cfu/ml).
Specific Legionella testing of water samples is recommended if the TVC is high or if other high risk factors are determined. Legionella testing costs £39 per sample including post and packing.
Air conditioning units
If you have wall mounted or ceiling mounted air conditioning units with condensate drip trays, it is good practice to put a water purifying tablet in the drip tray. One tablet is sufficient for trays up to 1.5 sq ft for up to 6 months.
A pack of 50 tablets costs £48.
elect the CODE microbiologist for £9 per month.
Please call 01409 254 354 or email CODE if you would like to book any Legionella Managements Services or buy air conditioning tablets.
All prices are exclusive of VAT, for fees to non-members please contact the CODE office.