›› Advice and support
›› Legal helpline
›› Management Modules - Save time and money
›› Minimise risk with CODE contracts
›› Benefit from FREE tax investigation insurance
›› Save money with the CODE buying group
›› Gain new patients from CODE web site referrals
›› Set up and maintain CQC compliance with Clinical Governance Made Simple
›› Stay abreast with the members' e-newsletter face2face
›› Explore the latest techniques and learn new skills at CODE seminars
›› Join like-minded colleagues in the Association for Facial Aesthetics CODE AFA
›› Feel secure from the support of like-minded colleagues
›› Cloud based compliance easy practice management and compliance with denCOMPLY
›› CODE Assure for hand holding to attain CQC compliance and for practice 'health checks'
· Advice hot-line: Every day the CODE helpline assists members with practice management issues, from employment issues, contracts and recruitment to NHS negotiation, CQC compliance and clinical governance. If you are starting, buying or selling a practice, refurbishing, marketing or expanding CODE can help. CODE can always be relied upon to supply a sympathetic ear and a wealth of practical information.
· Legal help-line: CODE members benefit from a free legal helpline provided by First Assist. The areas covered include employment and contractual disputes.
· Management Solutions for the Practice Owners: The Management Modules or 'Practice in a Box" are a comprehensive, easy to follow set of templates, guidelines and forms for practice management. From health and safety to contracts and buying a dental practice new titles are constantly being added to CODE's modules. Subjects covered include the following:
· Employment: Human Resource Management, Staff Induction, Staff Assessment, Job Descriptions, Practice Policies, Grievance and Disciplinary Procedure, Maternity Rights, Training and Development
· Health and Safety: COSHH - Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, Health & Safety Policy, Latex Allergy, RIDDOR, Fire, Manual Handling, Pregnancy etc
· Finance: Financial Guidelines for Dental Practice, Claiming Against Tax, Practice Bereavement Support, CODE Insurance Services, Tax Information, Managing Cashflow. Tooth Whitening
· Business Support: Selling a Practice, Financial Guidelines for Dentistry, Sharing Fees with Associates and Assistants, Expense Sharing Agreement
· Robust contracts for dentists, nurses, hygienists and staff: Our contracts have been tried and tested. Approved by lawyers, there are agreements for self-employed and employed team members, including associates, assistants, hygienists, therapists and staff. A solid contract is the most important management tool, it can reduce the likelihood of a dispute and secure goodwill.
· Tax investigation insurance: Members enjoy free insurance to cover the cost of a tax investigation which involves their dental practice. The limit of indemnity is £75,000 any one claim. The policy excess is NIL in respect of Full Enquiries and VAT disputes and £500 in respect of Aspect Enquiries.
· CODE buying group enables: CODE members to save up to 16.5% and benefit from a cash rebate on dental supplies bought through The Dental Directory, there is a 40% discount on new extinguishers from Chubb Fire and 10% on branding, printing and marketing products. There is also a 5% saving on seminars and training, a discounted telephone call scheme and a special deal from Lloyds TSB for credit card services. Our experienced lawyers offer a specially negotiated rate to assist you with employment and contractual disputes. Read more about the buying group here
· Gain referrals from this website: This website CODEuk.com and the AFA website the-FACE.co.uk have dedicated patient sections, each with a ‘find a practitioner’ facility for new patient referrals to members.
· Clinical Governance Made Simple (CGMS): Leads you to CQC compliance in 24 easy steps. The system can be run by a practice manager, it provides the tools to set up and maintain a quality management system. A new CGMS kit is sent to subscribers each year. Read more here CGMS
Log into the Seminar pages to see the seminars and book online
· Review salaries, fees and associate percentages with free benchmarking
Each year we carry out an anonymous benchmarking survey to gather financial information from members. The results provide an insight into staff salary levels, treatment fee rates, UDA values and other financial parameters that are invaluable for business planning.
· face2face Magazine:The new quarterly magazine gives you innovative and interesting ways to develop dental practice as well as keeping you up-to-date on legal and compliance regulations and trends in dental practice.
· CODE seminars: are a rolling programme of topical, relevant and practical business and professional training. You can see some of the latest DVD courses here.
CODE AFA: the Association for Facial Aesthetics represents practitioners who provide skin treatments such as botulinum toxin, dermal fillers, chemical peels, Sculptra, Dermaroller and laser treatments. It sets standards for patient care and acts as a contact and resource point for both dentists and patients. The AFA runs provides advice and support to members as well as representation to the profession. Please visit the AFA website for further information.
Representation for practice owners:There are about 5,000 dental practice owners in the UK. These principals bear the responsibility and difficulties of managing a business and maintaining the high standard of dental treatment that is enjoyed by the British public. However, all to often we practice owners do not feel that the dental establishment takes our view into account when formulating dental policies. CODE represents the needs of practice owners and managers.
Simple cloud management with denCOMPLY - the new cloud application that can be used on a pc, mac, table or iPad to set up and run your Care Quality Commission compliance activities including meetings, audits, reviews and training. Read more here.
CODE Assure can provide a one day health check before your Care Quality Commission inspection, it can provide you with hand-holding whilst you set up your compliance system or it can report on a practice that you want to buy or sell. Please see here for further information about CODE Assure.